Remodels and additions were huge for users in 2012, so it is no surprise that photos of transformed basements were especially common. ers desired to see exactly what their distance had the possibility for, and such images gave them inspiration for wet bars, media rooms, billiards tables and spare bedrooms.
Have a look at the hottest basement photos of 2012, as determined by the amount of ideabooks they were added to.
Dream House Studios
1. Gray and white in Virginia. Crown molding contrasts with soft gray walls to visually open this tasteful basement. This refreshing space demonstrates that basements don’t have to be gloomy and dark — a coat of paint can make all the difference.
Sensible Home Design
2. Stone accents in Cincinnati. ers desired to see basements that had it all, and this house’s basement has space for TV watching and relaxing, a bar for entertaining and a pool table. Dark hardwood flooring and custom stone accents unite the whole room.
John Willis Homes
3. Georgia media room in soft blues. A little basement could be put to good use. Fill it up with cozy furniture and soft colours, as in this area, and you have a committed movie-watching space. The timber wall adds a subtle architectural element.
Jan Gleysteen Architects, Inc
4. Separate spaces in Massachusetts. A simple carpet divides this open space by function. readers adored the wall molding and trim across the walls — they help make this room feel as part of the rest of the house.
Hill Custom Homes
5. Barn door to get a Washington bedroom. Your basement could be the perfect location for a different bedroom. This magnificent gray door and its hardware provide this basement guest bedroom a unique and vibrant touch.
6. Contemporary basement in Maryland. An open floor plan and exposed joists on the ceiling create visual lightness inside this formerly dark and damp basement. Readers loved the small details which helped make it more modern, for example, wood remedy around the middle column.
See more of this basement
Fantastic Neighborhood Homes
7. Stunning bar backsplash in Minnesota. An elaborate tile backsplash makes a bold statement in this cellar’s wet bar. A built-in refrigerator, a sink and a TV are great features, but they also blend into the background of this gorgeous design.
Creative Design Construction, Inc..
8. Contemporary New York bar. Slate, granite and dark cabinetry combine beautifully in this basement bar. Users noted that the elevated bartop and ample lighting when conserving this picture to their ideabooks.
Cardea Building Co..
9. Soft colours in San Francisco. Subtle gray walls and furniture allow the bright bursts of colour in this basement to actually stand out. ers adored the individual seating areas, which make entertaining large groups simple.
Georgia Home Staging
10. Beautiful built-ins at Georgia. Built-ins round the basement fireplace created this picture worth rescuing to ideabooks. This wall could’ve been left entirely bare, but readers loved how the built-in shelves include life.
More: The best way to finish a basement